7 Best Job Portals In India (Comparison & Inference)
Wondering How to Search For A Job?
Well, Job search in India itself is a daunting task. With a huge pool of students passing out every year, it is getting even more difficult. But then, there is a hack that we all need to know, in order to fetch a good job in this competitive world.
That is to keep yourself up to date.
Keeping yourself updated in terms of the following 3 things, helps gravely in the job search:
1) The demand for your dream job in the market -
It is crucial that you figure out the trend of the demand and supply of the job that you are aiming for in the market before it is too late. If you are searching for a new job, it is obvious that you might have a chance to change your career track too. If you keep a check on the demand of the job that you are searching, you will know, whether it is worthwhile to continue in the same profile or switch to some other.
2) A-Z about your job profile -
Knowing your job profile not only makes you confident but also increases your competency amongst the others in the crowd. Also, you will have a greater clarity about what you are going to do. Once you have attained a thorough knowledge of the profile, you will shine throughout your recruitment process.
3) Positive and learning attitude -
A job search can be both disappointing as well as a great learning experience. It is strongly believed that the more interviews you face, the better you become. Don't be disheartened if you don't make it through the rounds. Instead, be assured that you have learned new questions that you can answer next time.
You can also refer to this list of Website to subscribe to Free Job Alerts.
Below listed websites are a few of the best in the market, in terms of getting calls from organizations. Some even have few additional attributes which are immensely helpful for any candidate, who is actively looking for a job.
#1. Naukri (India’s Most Popular Job Site)
Website - www.naukri.com
Naukri.com (Infoedge) is one of the best and the most promising job hunt sites. Many candidates have shared their positive reviews on different internet forums when asked about the reviews.
- Most trusted job search site in India with a database of about 49.5 million registered job seekers.
- One of the largest pool of organizations, who are registered and are looking for candidates.
- From small-scale startups to big MNCs, all have their recruiters active on the Naukri portal.
- User-friendly UI and easy to operate.
- Detailed analysis of your profile and graphical representation of the views of the recruiters.
- Additional services like Fast Forward and Resume building are available.
- Users can follow recruiters, get email notifications, download the app on Blackberry, Android and iPhone devices.
- The user can open one account and search for jobs of different profiles by creating linked accounts.
- Updating the resume daily in the early hours fetches a good number of calls for jobs.
- Jobs of a wide range of profiles, part time, full time are available.
You can earn money from Apps as well. Here are the best money-making apps of the year 2020. Click here to read in Hindi.
#2. Monster India
Website - www.monsterindia.com
According to Wikipedia, Quess Corp acquired Monster’s business across India, SE Asia and the Middle East and the Care business of HCL Services. The job portal currently has a user base of 43.8 million people and is growing in terms of addition of resumes. Hence, needless to say, Monster is a huge platform where you get visibility across the globe.
- It is one of the oldest job search engines on the Web.
- Monster.com turned out to be one of the most trafficked employment websites in the United States as ranked by Alexa.
- On Nov 2017, as a part of this alliance, Monster India started to act as an interface among students, colleges, and recruiters by empowering institutions approved with AICTE.
- It comprises students from various streams - engineering and technology; applied arts and craft; hotel management and catering; management; pharmacy and architecture and town planning.
- Amongst the professional networking and revamp of the mobile apps, Monster.com also provides Monster Analytics to help companies and users to understand the trends in the market.
- One of the unique feature, that works exceptionally well here, is the narrow filtering technique. It helps the candidate filter out their choices according to the preferred job location and so on and so forth
#3. LinkedIn (Largest Professional Social Network)
Website - www.linkedin.com
LinkedIn is the best in the industry for professional networking. It acts as a platform that allows users to connect with others in their industry and search for job positions all around the corner of the world.
LinkedIn had 500 million members in 200 countries, out of which more than 106 million members are active.
You can earn money from blogging too. Click here to read in Hindi.
The site has an Alexa Internet ranking as the 20th most popular website (October 2016).
- The remarkable networking opportunities the site provides are also unmatched.
- A user’s LinkedIn profile acts as a valid proof of his/her accomplishments and can do a lot more than a single page of resume can.
- The user can display skills and get it endorsed by his/her colleagues.
- Recommendations from seniors to co-workers, adds to the user's profile.
- You can directly apply from your LinkedIn profile.
- Graphical analytics about who has viewed your profile and how you rank when you are applying for a position is very effective.
- The site is mobile-optimized and the job postings are of the highest quality
- Exceptional user experience while using the website.
#4. Glassdoor (Largest Database of Job Reviews)
Website - www.glassdoor.co.in
Glassdoor is one of the unique job searching sites. Founded in 2007, the site already has 30 million users from 190 countries and corporate clients including one-third of all Fortune 500 companies.
- The user can view the company profile and read all the detailed pros and cons of working in the company.
- The salaries are posted according to the location as well as the profile, hence making it easier for a candidate.
- Users can also view the difficulty level of the job interview, number of rounds and the types of questions that may be asked.
- All the other facility of job searches like email notification, mobile usability, and job filtering are available
Website - www.timesjobs.com
Timesjob is an Indian employment website operating in India and the Middle East. It is owned and operated by The Times Group. Wikipedia claims that it is one of the three major job portals in India along with Naukri.com and Monster.com. TimesJobs.com has 3 industry-focused offshoots of corporate jobs.
Conceived and launched in 2004, TimesJobs.com currently has a candidate database of more than 25 million registered jobseekers across levels and functions who clock-in over 60 million page views a month.
- TechGIG.com is specific to IT industry.
- Retail Jobs portal is in association with the Retailer Association of India.
- BPO Jobs - This allows BPO employees to register, search and apply for jobs via mobile.
- Advertising Jobs - Jobs in media and advertising industry in association with Economic times - Brand Equity.
- Government Jobs - All the government jobs advertised via different means are added here for the benefit of candidates/job seekers. So you don’t need to separately go through several government job websites.
You can start working on your laptop/computer and earn money from home. Click here to read in Hindi.
Website - www.indeed.co.in
Indeed is an American worldwide employment related search engine. It is currently available in over 60 countries and 28 languages. In October 2010, Indeed.com crossed Monster.com to become the highest-traffic job website in the United States. It has over 200 million unique visitors every month.
- Job listings are from thousands of websites including job boards, staffing firms, associations and company career pages.
- You can sort the job you want to your experience level, salary estimates, location etc.
- It can help you keep track of jobs you've applied for, similar to other websites.
- Job alerts can be created and received in several ways.
#7. MNCs own job website
Here are a few Examples -
IBM's Career Portal - careers.ibm.com
BCG Career Portal - www.bcg.com/en-in/careers
KPMG's Career Portal - home.kpmg.com/in/en/home/careers
As mentioned earlier, every MNC would have a separate ERP that would handle the vacancies within the organization, the job profiles, the recruiter information and the respective applications. All the features of job sorting, job searching with respect to your desired profile, location and experience are present on their websites.
Another best way to land up with a job is by having your known one working in the same company, where you want to apply. Employee referral emails are always sent to the employees and are most favored by the organizations.
Hope you have a good learning experience while searching for a job.
Also, don't forget to take a daily dose of positivity while you are searching for a job because it is the only medicine that is going to keep you glowing through all your recruitment process.