How To Take Care Of Silver Jewellery?
Are you someone who keeps up with the latest trends? Or are the fashion bloggers influencing your life? Or do you find accessorising your outfit difficult?
Don't worry we have got you covered. The sterling silver jewellery is taking down the fashion industry like a storm. And it's hard not to go crazy for it, it's effortless, timeless jewellery with elegant look and brilliant shine. It can make you look classy in ethnics to rock your westerns with the right edginess.
Therefore, it's truly heartbreaking when you can't flash your silver jewellery due to its lack of lustre or tarnish.
Fortunately, modern silver jewellery is easy to take care of these few steps:
Numbers are your comrade
Before you buy your silver jewellery know it's physical attributes. For instance, the 950 sterling jewellery will bend more easily and tarnish more quickly than 925 sterling.
The modern world is also threatened by imitation or fake silver jewellery. So if you aren't sure of or the label isn't clear, check with your jeweller the digits. It's necessary that you know you are investing in REAL SILVER.
- Avoid exposing your silver jewellery to chemicals while doing household chores
- Prevention is Better than Cure. Prevention care helps in lasting your silver longer.
- Don't wear your jewellery while applying a scent, lotions, makeup or hair products etc. Prefer wearing your jewellery at last.
- Don't wear it while exercising or playing sports.
- As water these days contain chemicals as well, don't wear your jewellery during showers, saunas, swimming etc.
Store it like a Treasure
Exposure to air tarnishes your silver fast, therefore store it in an airtight container with anti-tarnish strips if you can afford them. This will help in maintaining the shine if your jewellery.
Do not keep your Sterling Silver with Imitation Jewellery or Watches with Leather Straps
Storing jewellery separately will ensure it not to get tangled, have scratches or tarnish. Also while travelling takes an extra step and has a protective case for your jewellery. After all, your jewellery is your clothes best friend.
Give it a Makeover
Who doesn't like a good haircut or facial? A good makeover helps you feel refreshed. Same is the case with your jewellery. Despite following these steps sometimes it can still get tarnished. If the oxidation isn't that severe then you can simply clean it by rubbing it back and forth. Or else your jeweller can help you polish it and retain its shine
Make your own DIY cleaner and have a brilliant shine.
- Simply rinse the jewellery in liquid dishwasher and water
- In 2 parts of water add 1 part of baking soda. Stir your jewellery into the paste and clean it gently.
With these few easy steps, no one can stop you from wearing that amazing jewellery and shine like a rockstar you are! What are you waiting for now ladies? Go grab your sterlings now!
This Article is written by Shrishti Gupta (SHEROES Community Member).
If you also want your Article to be published on SHEROES, then go and Write a Story on SHEROES App.