She has Passion, Some Compassion, Some Humour and Some Style: Happy Birthday Kajol
Having born in a family with Bollywood background was a plus for her to start a career. But this privilege came with an equal challenge to prove herself in front of her parents.
But not only she made her own stand but also became the heartthrob of the nation. I believe Kajol’s life pretty much embodies this quote by Maya Angelou:
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style”
On 5th August, this year it is Kajol’s 44th birthday and we chose to bring to you some of her less talked about factors (looking at her high status) which truly align with the above quote and the reason 'why I believe she’s a SHERO'.
Here are 13 things which makes Kajol a Compassionate Woman whom we love in the True Sense:
1) Kajol has been effectively associated with a few magnanimous undertakings related to women and children. As mentioned by her, "every child deserves an education", as "education is the basis of society".
2) Kajol worked with Shiksha, an NGO that works in the field of education for poor children. In 2009, she propelled the Shiksha 2009 crusade, to help support the cause.
3) In 2011, Kajol took part in a fashion show coordinated by the Cancer Patients Aid Association, to create charity for the association and its cause.
4) She is the International Goodwill Ambassador and benefactor of The Loomba Trust — a philanthropy association dedicated to supporting Widows and their youngsters around the globe, especially in India.
Speaking about the issue, she stated: "It's sad to know that widows are still considered a blight in our society. There are widows who are still not marriageable. I strongly feel for them and take it as a social responsibility to eradicate the issue."
5) In 2012, Kajol was chosen as the brand ambassador of Pratham, a philanthropy organization for kids. In April, she highlighted in a short film about instruction and proficiency, with the children of Hanuman Basti Primary School in Mumbai, for the NGO.
6) This year in April, on her daughter Nysa's Birthday, Kajol tweeted -
Here' her Tweet -
“If u want true women’s empowerment.... have a daughter. There is nothing that breaks through cultural biases, preconceived notions, childhood conditioning etc faster than your own child! Happy happy birthday to my own little breakthrough Nysa❤️❤️❤️”
7) In 2008, she was awarded the Karmaveer Puraskaar, for her commitment in the field of social service.
8) On her, Instagram handle she shared a photo of her grandmother and her great-grandmother with the caption -
Here's the caption of that post -
“My great grandmother and my grandmother ... aji! Two women who taught me about what feminism actually means without ever discussing it .”
9) Here’s what Kajol has often shared her views on feminism, quoting, “I think a feminist is a woman who knows her strengths, knows her weaknesses, and at the same time is balanced enough to understand that when she needs to ask for help, she can. She’s not too much on the other side so that she can’t turn around and say ‘Listen, I need help with this, please help me with this.’ I’m human. I’m not only woman, I’m human.”
She also said, “I do consider myself a feminist, but I am contrary so I can also be considered the opposite. I believe in the equality of men and women, but I don’t object to chivalry. I believe in it; gender equality should not mean women should be ashamed to be feminine. I don’t believe men are made to rule the world. In the same way I don’t believe women should be doormats. But the stigma of not wanting to do things “like a man” or being made to feel stupid in traditional gender roles is dumb.
11) Kajol is one of the few Indian female celebrities to have their wax statue at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
12) Kajol considers her role in Gupt: The Hidden Truth (1997) as the toughest role till date as she had to play a negative character. But as a great achievement to that, she became the first female actress to win the Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for that movie.
13) She is known in the Indian media for not buying into stereotypes of a Bollywood actress and has subsequently been considered as "unconventional".
F*****Wish you very happi birth day
B*****Many many happy returns of the day kajol mam 🌹
M*****Many many happy returns of the day kajol mam 😊
S*****Since she waz born 2 a family wit all legends half bong n half maharashtrian hs helped her to develop a career in bollywood n could fulfill her dreams thru her passion for art n acting in hollywood gave her a great platform which is not easy for anynewcomer wishing u a vry happybirthday to kajol
S*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAJUL MAM...