5 things I learnt from West Indies Win
It was a super Sunday for West Indies who won two World Twenty20 titles as both their men's and women's teams won their respective finals at the Eden Gardens. Ben Stokes perhaps will take days to get over a nightmare as Carlos Brathwaite hit him for four consecutive sixes in the last over to help the team beat England by four wickets. Marlon Samuels was awarded the Man of the Match prize for his (again) unbeatable 85-run innings which helped West Indies sail their boat to victory.
Apart from the numerous talking points from the breath-taking encounter between these Cricketing Giants, we were left with some learnings as well:
1) Never rely on a particular person/source. (Gayle’s flop show throughout the tournament proved that right)
2) When things don’t seem to work your way, stay positive and keep moving forward, slowly and steadily, waiting for the right moment.
3) You don’t always get a second chance, neither in life nor on the field. So when you do, make it count, just like Marlon Samuels.
4) Stay focussed, one moment of distraction can take it all away from you, just like one bad over cost England their World T-20 title.
5) Never Back Down. It’s a long way to the top, but the journey isn’t over till you reach your destination.
And lastly, hustle and win! Go out and fight every day, bootstrap and not wait for funding, use every resource in a smart way, celebrate every success, team work is always priority.