Details about the event
Women Architects and Designers of India
Celebrating Life: Work: Achievements
Women Architects & Designers (WADE) India - Awards & Conferences, a platform created for recognizing & documenting the work of Women professionals of the industry. Our research concluded that despite having eminent women working in the field of architecture & design, there is no trajectory of work done by women architects and designers.
While it is said that Architecture as a profession is gender neutral, at the same time we are also aware of the different women related topics making rounds like the ones, “Where are the women?” and the recent remark by Zaha Hadid, “As a woman in architecture you’re always an outsider.” We need to tell you that a platform like WADE is more than this!
Whatever your view, WADe IS YOUR PLATFORM to Discuss, Network, Learn from other's successes & failures, as you mingle during the event, which will also include Celebration, Recognition, and definitely one of a kind of 'Togetherness that Inspires Growth' for all Women Architects & Designers of India! Register your name as a DELEGATE | SPEAKER | SPONSOR or NOMINATE your name/ names of other women designers for AWARDS. As per your interest, we shall get back with more details.
Objectives of WADe
» Ensuring visibility of Women led projects
» Bridging Mentorship between Leading & Aspiring Architects & Designers
» Lending a helping hand to those who want to come back to the profession
» Encouraging, Sharing & Learning through Research
» Celebrating the Life, Work and Achievements of Women Designers
» Rewards & Recognition
1. Role Models: The set of women architects & designers from all over India whose names have come through nominations over a period of last 6-7 months via our partner magazine Surfaces Reporter. Names were nominated by showroom owners, associations, other senior architects & designers, self, developers, colleagues of the architect/ designer, and even general industry people. To cut on bias, internal research was further done.
Two factors were majorly considered in order to decide the role models-
(1) The work and demeanor should justify her as a Role Model for the younger generation.
(2) She is someone who is capable & willing to play a significant role for the younger & aspiring women via WADe.
2. Emerging: Young emerging Women architects and designers of India, as per criteria specified for WADe Emerging Young Architects/ Designers Award Category and further selected by an eminent Jury panel. The registration for the same is closed on April 9th, 2016.
3. Special Category: This category is for those who may not be a practicing architect/design but have contributed immensely by other means to the industry.