1494913646photo
SHEROES
28 Jan 2016 . 4 min read

Understanding the power of IoT


Share the Article :

https://img.sheroes.in/img/default_img.jpg https://img.sheroes.in/img/default_img.jpg

Wikipedia defines IoT (Internet of Things) as the network of physical objects, devices, vehicles, buildings and other items which are embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data. This transfer of data over a network doesn’t require human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.

According to a Digital Trends Report 2015 by Adobe Digital Index (ADI), the Internet of Things is enmeshed in the daily routines and activities of consumers and clients. Consumers have shifted their interests and interactions with IoT devices like smart thermostats, smoke detectors for home-monitoring and other related tasks.

The data reveals that there are around 255 Million visits to branded websites, and around 51% of smarthphone users have successfully connected with IoT home devices and find it trustworthy to use in the years to come. Although an exhortation in the technology market, Internet of Things (IoT) is still extraterrestrial to the rest 49%, and those who are familiar with it are not so sure of what and how it is contributing to the business world. IoT is accelerating with multiple meanings to several different departments. This is indeed the perfect time to unravel the mystery and get involved in the internet trends as digitalization is at its peak.

You will be amazed to know how many things in our life are connected to the Internet and how beneficial it is to the economic, social, environmental and financial growth in the present world. Each industry is influenced by this Internet's panorama in many ways:

  • Intelligent and smart electronic grids connect renewable resources well and improve the system's performance.
  • The various smart transport systems and service present in IoT checks for the traffic gush, reduce fuel consumption, avert accidents and save people's lives.
  • On a personal level, you will be notified if you are low on milk in your refrigerator and will be reminded to stop and buy a packet.
  • When connected with IoT, you will also have control to your home security system so much so that you can remotely manage and open your doors and windows, based on your requirements.

Innovative data management and analysis platforms and approaches will help us understand and implement things better. Real-time knowledge of open-source distributed systems like Apache Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL databases, Business Intelligence platforms like Tableau, QlikView will excellently help out in serving the Internet and digital market.

Corresponding to the powerful relation of IoT and Big Data, Gartner Inc. predicts that Internet of Things will interact with 26 Billion data units installed by 2020 when the product dealers will generate more than $300 Billion revenue using most services.  As per the Research Director at Gartner, "IoT deployments will generate large quantities of data that need to be processed and analyzed in real time." He further mentions, "Processing large quantities of IoT data in real time will increase as a proportion of workloads of data centers, leaving providers facing new security, capacity and analytics challenges."

About the Author:
Vaishnavi Agrawal loves pursuing excellence through writing and has a passion for technology. She has successfully managed and run personal technology magazines and websites. She currently writes for intellipaat.com, a global training company that provides e-learning and professional certification training.

Her work has been published on various sites related to Hadoop, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, IT, SAP, Project Management and more.

Image source


Internetofthings
SHEROES
SHEROES - lives and stories of women we are and we want to be. Connecting the dots. Moving the needle. Also world's largest community of women, based out of India. Meet us at www.sheroes.in @SHEROESIndia facebook.com/SHEROESIndia

Explore more on SHEROES

Share the Article :

Responses

    Similar Articles You love
    Download App

    Get The App

    Experience the best of SHEROES - Download the Free Mobile APP Now!