Embracing New Beginnings and Changes
The dawn of a new year spells excitement for many. It is that time of the year when people are most resolute about their resolutions. It is when hopes are renewed and commitments strengthened. In spite of all the positivity that surrounds us in the early few weeks of the year, the energy begins to fade before we even know it and resolutions are easily forgotten about.
We make many new beginnings during our lifetime. A new year is just one of them. First job, moving cities, living alone, changing jobs and embracing new relationships – all facets of life are about new beginnings from time to time.
Personally I believe, new beginnings are essentially about new mindsets. It is about confronting our inner fears and taking a leap into the unknown. It is about faith that it is all going to be okay. It is about strength that no matter what happens, we’ll stick to the course.
The circumstances that lead to new beginnings in life may sometimes be called for and sometimes not. But the way we take charge of our circumstances can define how we make the most of the new beginnings and more so, stay content & happy.
If I had to think about my life and the attitude that helped me embrace new beginnings, I’d list it as follows:
1) Don’t fear or resist change: When a new beginning is forced, don’t fear it. Sometimes, we never know what lies ahead but as they say ignorance is bliss. Go with the flow. Have faith and something good will definitely unfold itself
2) Don’t look back: Stick to your decisions and take charge. Once you’ve made up your mind about a fresh new start – whether it is coming out of an unhealthy relationship or changing a job or even committing to a healthier lifestyle. Stick of it. The initial days are the hardest no doubt, but it is not impossible
3) Stay positive: Having a positive frame of mind when getting used to something new helps in balancing anxieties with hope. Look what new opportunities new beginnings can bring and how it can contribute to your being content and happy [though I must admit this has been my weakest area, but whatever little I have tried, it surely helps ;-)]
4) Manage your energy levels: This one’s a deal breaker. We as women not only have our feet set into too many things, we love taking on the additional burden of running our minds overtime as well. All the stress, anxieties, analyses, fears, apprehensions, what the world will think leaves us drained of energy completely. This, even when a new beginning is sought by us. You need to preserve your energy for the right things that deserve your attention – not something that would happen in the future in a scenario that currently only exists hypothetically in your mind
5) Share: This is one thing that comes easy to women. We love our heart-to-heart chats. We know it well that having such conversations has its benefits in helping us cope with change. So whether it something that is bothering you or something that makes you happy – just share to feel better and welcome the transition that you are experiencing
Now as we start our unique & personal journeys into 2015, here’s wishing all of you strength in embracing everything new that comes your way. Don’t forget to take charge and mold it the way you want you. Remember a mindset can make all the difference in transforming a beginning into a milestone in your life.
Until next time!