Working with WNS is a g8 and wounderful experience.
WNS really care a lot specially for women employee. Giving an e.g. i would leave as office hours were 2.30pm to 10pm. After 8pm ONLY for women there is a car drop. Also there is guard and a male of wns employee till your last destination. Once you reach home the Admin calls if you have reached home safely or not.
is safe and friendly but it depends on the process and type of work you are going into.as WNS works for third party there are lot of governance process and timelines which would be difficult for a independent women but to grow in a career this is a good place as there are lot of opportunity and learning. In fact I am looking for a change after 2 yrs of working bcoz I am finding difficult to manage my 2 kids along wid work b coz for me there is no work from home option no laptop and fixed working hours but as I said it depends on process there are other process which has all above except bpo.hope this gives you some picture.please get in touch if any further information needed.
t largely depends on the team you are in. I was working in a team which was great in terms of support and learning but there are people working in other teams who didn't find the organisation a good place to work with so it actually depends on the team and the team members you are working with.
The major disadvantage I found with WNS was it doesn't have a facility of Work from home which is very much essential for a working mother.
WNS is a very good place for women to work. Mostly, you will not be required to stretch and the work mload is not too high. On a sacle of 1-5, i would give WNS 4.5. Almost all the senior managers and process head on WNS are women. Pros:
1. Work life balance
2. Few processes have flexible shifts
3. It is not strictly 9 hours of shift. If you complete your work and leave in 8.5 hours it is ok. However, few managers may be strict.
4. For Gurgaon office, if u are staying in Dwarka u get transportation facilities
1. Not very great pay masters..and do not expect salary to grow very soon
2. The growth in position is also slow.
It's been 8yrs since I left my job at wns, for sure things might have changed now however while I was working ... I would definitely say it's a great place to be for men or women . Your hard work and sincerity is appreciated. I don't know exactly about pros or cons coz I never felt there was anything which I didn't like .
1) Work Culture: Overall I would say WNS at that point of time lacked to create a Lively and employee friendly culture. Employees used to feel left out as the managers were least Interested in listening or helping tier 1 employees. For me I would only follow my schedule and was least bother of the surroundings. The management was not able to meet the clients service levels agreement, so even if we were not ready to put in those extra hours we were forced to do so. The pay scale was and is still the lowest as per industry standards. I remember my reason to leave WNS was due do my yearly appraisal, which even after meeting all parameters and my key performance indicators I was offered a hike of Rs 300/-.
2) Employee Safety: Management was committed to provide transport services so a woman employee had no concern with security and safety. Management didn't have any instances of sexual harassment or such complains during my time.
3) Overall review and experience: I will strongly recommend to look for other options before joining WNS. Of lately working as freelance training coordinator, I happen to conduct some sessions in WNS and came to know from the current employees, that they are not satisfied with their jobs. The management has stopped transport services in an attempt to save on cost, which in turn has been a big blow to all their employees. There has been no internal job postings from more then 4 years.
My tenure with WNS was an absolute negative experience as I had no new ways to learn and excel my self. My skills were not considered and there was no next level of support/mentoring coaching to guide me. In all I consider my time with WNS as a labour who would not have the right to ask questions,get support or demand a reasonable remuneration.