1) Salary was not great.
2)Work pressure was normal and you have to maintain 8 working hours at office .(depends on manager as well if they allow flexibility)
3)Work from home depends on project requirement.
4)TCS is very women friendly
5) In a year you get 33 leaves.This includes 7 casual leaves, 16earned leaves and 10 sick leaves. Maximum 5 continuous leaves are allowed per quarter. sick leaves and earned leaves get carried over.
6) During my time it was normal to have a 3 months bench period in between projects switching . The HR always try their best to place you into a project.
7) There is a 2 years continuous leave without pay for reasons like : (taking care of kids or oldage parents, studyleave, kids board exam)
Pros - TCS is a big name to work with.
Cons: 1) Not a women friendly organisation. Till the time I was with TCS (about 2 yrs ago), there were no creches in any of TCS offices. Talks were going on since years but nothing had materialised.
2) Leadership is not really bothered about issues faced by women at ground level. There are jazzy names for women friendly initiatives, but none are implemented at ground level.
3) Mid level women associates are harassed by colleagues and seniors, but there is no HR support for issues raised. Neither does escalation to senior management work.
All this comes from my personal experience at TCS.
safety, night transport facility very good, good mediclaim, maternity benefits
little difficult to handle work life balance after maternity joining office as no work from home options in most projects, shift working, no adjustable timing
good for women while concedering leave policy n all
TCS personally gives good value to women employee...in few projects they even support work from home in emergencies..i personally loved the response n support given to me from my company is very good.
TCSL is women friendly. Employee cooperation will be there in completing the tasks. Women will have facilities to look after their kids in the campus itself in case of emergency. Salary will be on time. Coming to cons TCSL will never comprimise in the quality of service to customers(clients). Long duration of hours (min 8-9 hrs a day). Less work from home opportunity (may vary depending on her work and terms with senior officials).
It's an extremely employee oriented organisation and everyone should feel proud to be associated with TCS.
I personally don't think there are any cons.I was the hr so I very well know that the hr policies are very strong and drafted in accordance to employee welfare and safety. So you must join the organisation and work hard, cause tcs recognizes effort and appreciates them.
There were women who needed support during pregnancy, complications during pregnancy, important family occasions etc, and they were duly helped.
Pros: apart from the point mentioned above, it's a pretty employee friendly company.
Cons: One may not get a lot of flexible timing or work from home option here(again depends on the project).