Standard chartered bank is a great place for women to work.
We have a crèche in the office and there is flexible working policy available. The maternity leave is 6 months and they have an amazing medical reimbursement policy. We have some great women leaders and the bank is focusing on promoting more women.
-Some of their branches have in-house day care facility .
- No stretched working hours
- hr policies are very good . They offer free club Mahindra stay for 7 days / night in a year for each employee . 100% medical bills reimbursement . Even doctor cunsultancy is paid . No upper limit on medical bill reimbursement .
- equal opportunity employer . More women employee I feel .
- maternity leave is for 6 months completely paid
- can easily get relocation to any of their branches .
- once you are within the organisation , the salary hike is very minimum yearly ..say 5% yearly in most of the cases .
I have loved my stint at StanC .Earned many good friends ..the work culture is really good . You feel like home .
Pro - the maternity leave is wonderful (considering she has already delivered this may not be relevant) and they cover all medical costs. They try to be inclusive in growth opportunities
Cons - With the work pressure one may need to stretch a bit. Be sure that if you have family commitments (and its totally fine if you do) make that very clear.
It's a very women friendly place to work.
Secondly, all & all it also matters which role/ department are you into for you to like or dislike your workplace.
Keeping the financial majors in mind, I say rest assure & go ahead. Amazing medical insurance policies, amazing child birth policies, great checks in place, relatively an easy place to be in.
In a branch of 10 odd, we had some 6 women employees. And most of them were & are with Stanchart for a really long time.
Amazing medical insurance policies, amazing child birth policies, great checks in place, relatively an easy place to be in.