1. No sudden downsizing(Plenty of opportunities given to relocate or shift to new projects )
2. Understanding environment.
3. Work life balance is satisfactory
4. Good commute available
5. Pay scale is also at par with industry standards.
1. Sometimes after Project's work is done there is suddenly a time of no work. Its fine for some time but after a while it gets really frustrating to come to office everyday and have no work. You have to keep getting on their heads and stay in touch with the concerned authorities to get yourself reassigned to new projects.
2. Promotion compensation isn't very good. Its average.
3. If any dreams of going onsite, pleas forget about them as they take forever to process the eligible candidates.']
I would like to say LnTinfotech is very supportive towards motherhood women. But the policies which they adhere does not allow mothers to carry babies along with to work..Work wise it is very nice. No option of work from hom
Larsen and Toubro InfoTech is a pretty good place to work and has a good female population. However as I have observed it mainly depends on the location of the office as people differ in various geographies. I have seen offices across Mumbai,Bangalore and Mysore and can say with no doubt that the Mumbai office is the better work environment out of all of them. As I say, it mainly depends on the staff working with you but as we all know the head offices generally have more things to look upto.
Overall its quite a good place though in Bangalore it was quite far for me to travel and time adjustments was one of my major concerns but it again mainly depends on the people you work with and how they balance along with you. The campuses are pretty good though. Also since L&T also includes staff from the core company sometimes it may not seem like a tier 5 software firm.
If you are committed to the company and not comprise on your job , it is really a very friendly place for even girls/women to work. Generally L&T has baby care facility inside the campus ask her to inquire about it. Your career growth might be slow , but if you have an inclination to her work , things should be fine.
There are a lot of senior ladies who are friendly & mentor the new joiners.
It is very women friendly.
Pros: Flexible working hours.
Cons: If one gets a good project, only then one can grow in this company, otherwise it is waste of talent.
In terms of monetary gains, the appraisals are not good.
The company keeps many resources on bench for more than a year, gives multiple trainings, but no projects.
While I had the opportunity to work with very elite and respected leadership, I felt that the organization did not have women friendly policies like a sabbatical option and since the industry is male dominated, a woman could feel out of place in a meeting room.
Larsen & Toubro Construction company is no doubt a very good company for anyone to work.
As per my experience they have given me chance to be in Mumbai by compromising my promotions and package.
Pros - Good company experiencewise.
Not much of pressure.
If boss is good then everything may be in your favour. Since it's not a single owner company so all depends on your immediate boss.
Cons- Whether you are girl or boy you may be asked to work at site.
They will expect you to visit sites, client office, vendors place etc very often just to prove that you are very outgoing person.
Compared to boys package is less and promotions are very slow in L&T for ladies.