Women friendliness depends more on your manager rather than policies.
There is nothing as such in terms of appraisal or career prospects. I never had any appraisal discussion for my 4 yrs of work there, though I got top ratings. I was released from the project the moment I revealed pregnancy. I was asked to work in the nights till 1 pm during the last two months of the project. Even though they have multiple branches in Chennai and I was ready to learn new technology with my exceed above rating ,after working in HCl for 4 years, hr didn't offered any project in nearby locations or work from home option. This would have helped me not to take career break after maternity.
My experience was not good with HCl. It's not a woman friendly.
1. It has a women's network, committed to motivating the HCL women workforce. It conducts workshop with various women leadership of HCL.
2. It has varied groups depending upon the interest, photography, cycling, art , language , gym and yoga.
3.You have an in-house Creche facility in Noida campus (Sec-126 and sec 125) for an economical charge.
4. If you choose a creche outside of HCL, the company also contributes a certain portion
5. If your manager is supportive and your project / department allows, you can Work-From-Home facility or have work timings accordingly.
6. If you are competitive, innovative and want to make a mark, it gives you various forums to participate.
1. If your manager is not very supportive, the same benefits cannot be reaped
It completely depends on the Project and Manager. HCLs tagline says Women first. But its not true. No work from home and cannot extend maternity leave after 12 weeks. They ask employees to quit if they want to extend maternity leave.
Not Women Friendly
1. Company culture is not good.
2. Lot of gender-specific biases against women.
3. They do not have external projects. Multiple cases where they hire individuals and then ask them to resign in 3 months (after keeping them on bench).
My experience was quite bad, hence put my papers down in less than a year (note - I have no kids or personal commitments and yet the professional experience was horrid). This company is strongly not recommended.
Not Women Friendly)
I would give a good rating for HCL.
I worked in chennai, sholiganallor sez campus, there we have a baby creche in the campus it self. It was very usefull.
Coming to work life balance. It was really good and salaries were good and decent but not very much hikes.
This is my review for HCL technologies in chennai. .
Its good working in hcl.
They are giving preferences to pregnant women. Extended the maternity leave from 3 to 6 months. But these preference a person can acquire mostly after completion of 18 months of probation..