Hi Bthavprita, Deepa this side. I have moved to Bangalore in the month of June 2016 . Before this I
Hi Bthavprita, Deepa this side. I have moved to Bangalore in the month of June 2016 . Before this I was staying in Delhi NCR for the last 16 years. I was working in Gurgaon till February 2016 then my family has moved to Bangalore and so do I. I have been searching jobs but its hard luck. I could find any job yet. Just to brief about me, I am an experienced professional with 10+ years of experience in fields such as Payroll Administration, Comp and Ben and Defined benefits (US). I have worked with prestigious organizations in the past, starting my career with Aon Hewitt handling the defined benefits for US participants for 5.5 years.After which moved to the consulting business with Aon and worked for 1.5 years as a C&B Senior Analyst. In my latest role as a Team Leader handling the service delivery for EMEA payrolls supported by a team of 15 Payroll Specialists. I am adept at client management, team management, performance appraisals, goal setting exercise for TM's. Can you suggest what should I do? Its been almost a year now that Iam on a break now. Please help me. 28 Nov 2016, 04:00pm
Thanks for writing in. You have pretty strong profile and should not be long before you get your desired job.
I understand you have been trying but struggling to find a job. First of all this happens and it is not your fault or that there is any problem with your profile. There are forces beyond our control such as macro economic environment,current job market, place and Industry compatibility for your job search etc which can affect results of any job search. Most importantly DO NOT LET result of your job search for past year affect your self confidence and self belief. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.
Now some key things you can do to enhance the success of your job search:
1. Take help of recruiter if you have not taken yet. Try for recruiter for experienced professionals.
2. Expand your job search net by considering jobs outside your field/industry but related in some way where your past experience can be considered.
3. Consider working for non profit org even if you don't get paid(unless your livelihood will depend on your salary), it will atleast add work experience.
4. Consider working for startups for small salary and some stake for same reasons as above. Start ups are thriving in bangalore.
While you are searching for job, You should aim to utilise your time and keep working or doing things which you can show on your resume for time period. few suggestions
1. you can try to get freelancing projects in your field. www.upwork.com
2. Get professional certifications relevant for your field. Search in coursera, udemy.
3. Set up your blog for free in wordpress and write articles related to your field/Industry
4. Take up community work or NGO work.
Don't lose hope and keep trying each day. Keep doing something each day which would add value to your skill sets, profile and resume.
You are going to get it sooner or later. It is only matter of time. Let me know when it happens.
Hope it helps.
Bhavprita View Less
Thanks for writing in. You have pretty strong profile and should not be long before you ge