You are Only 5 Simple Hacks Away From Being Super Productive
Productivity and hard work are not mutually exclusive. Even so, it is possible to work hard and still feel like you haven't really been productive. So, how to be more productive? We try and decode productivity through these five immensely useful hacks. Incorporate these into your lifestyle today, and feel the difference!
1. Give yourself a head start - Start waking up earlier than usual and accomplish the most important task of your day during that hour. This is also referred to as "eat the frog" method, the phrase having been famously coined by Mark Twain. Try it and tell us how immensely satisfied it makes you feel. Once you have the most important task out of your way, the confidence it gives you has you feeling like you will sail through the day!
2. One task at a time - Multitasking is a super power. But even while multitasking, focus on only one thing at a time. Start with the task think is the toughest to accomplish, and ease your way through the tasks. This helps you do each task mindfully, and with attention.
3. Maintain good posture - What they say about bad posture and how it adversely affects productivity, isn't a myth. There is a science to your posture which is directly related to your productivity. Improper posture tires you out much quicker. Ensure that your seat is comfortable (one that allows you to sit upright comfortably), and at eye level with your desk. Get up every 20 minutes and stretch for a minute or two.
4. Zero distraction slots - Schedule 45 minute zero distraction slots where you don't focus on anything else but on the task before you. No Instagram, no Facebook, no Whatsapp. Not even emails. Get some real work done in these 45 minutes. Practicing this method will help you feel incredible productive and in control of your work.
5. Prepare in Advance - Before each day ends, spend 30 minutes putting things in place for the next day. This includes taking stock of what you did today. A great way to do this is to journal your work, so that you can measure your productivity and progress. List your action points for the next day. Ensure everything, including your stationery and your internet connection is ready to accelerate your productivity for the next day!
There is one last hack that we need to tell you about. And this is probably the most powerful one. At the end of each day, applaud yourself for having moved closer to what you want to accomplish. Even if you feel your progress isn't significant enough. Remember, it is always one day at a time, and one step at a time. Your productivity, to a large extent is dependent on how self-motivated you are. Work hard, and work smarter!