In the rushed routine of everyday, women forget to relax and just take it slow on some days. It becomes difficult to get out of that robotic schedule. But life is all about investing some time - in yourself. Take a back seat, once in a while and enjoy the show.
One of our community members, Roja Ramani, shared this very simple list of things every woman should remember and follow. We think she’s hit the nail on the head!
Here’s how you can simplify life
1. Take care of your health. Spend time and money on maintaining yourself.
2. Learn to be independent. It’s perfectly fine to not earn, but it’s important to be independent. Plan and save for your own gifts and desires. You don't always need a boyfriend or a husband or your dad to buy you something you love.
3. Raise independent, caring and health-conscious kids. Make all family members equally accountable and responsible.
4. Learn to ride that bike or drive that car. You don't always need an escort!
5. Let the father take care of the unwell child once in a while. Your career is equally important and the father is equally responsible for your children.
6. Let other family members take care of your home sometimes. Even if they leave the kitchen platform exceptionally unclean or leave the sink full of dirty vessels. Just relax and take that break!
7. Create a support system. It’s great to get on well with your in-laws! Not every family needs to have a saas-bahu drama.
8. Learn about investments and taxes. It’s not necessary to have someone else manage your savings and earnings all your life.
9. Take equal responsibility of your parents. It’s wrong to expect everything from your brother, every time.
10. Help the other woman, even if you don’t like her ;) You never know what battles your maid is fighting. Empower her. Teach her the basics of hygiene, education and finances.
11. Have a separate set of friends (men and women) other than your partner's friends. Spend some time away from family and with your friends.
12. Create different girl groups. Share your problems and seek opinions. But finally, take your own decisions and be confident about it.
13. It’s ok to not cry. Not all women need to be sentimental! Be vigilant, be prepared to handle tough situations. When things go wrong, try to be balanced and find a way out of your problems. You don't need to play the victim.
14. Find time to read and keep yourself updated.
15. Spend some time doing what you like, even if it’s just sitting idle. Don’t feel guilty about it, just because others feel it’s worthless.
16. Never forget to believe in yourself. If you don't, no one else will.
Equipped with this check-list, simplify life and take on every day like a gangsta, ladies! Don’t let go of that sparkle :)
This #takecharge piece has been written by Roja Ramani, one of our community members. You can join the conversation here.